Monday, January 25, 2010

"Healthy Cooking" magazine

Last Friday, I received my complimentary copy of "Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking" (from the Taste of Home cooking school I attended and worked before Christmas) and I was pleasantly surprised by this magazine. I have often heard it said, "Don't take away something good without replacing it with something equally good or better." While I haven't tried the recipes yet, it does look like this is what this magazine is trying to achieve.

It takes things like cookies and standby casseroles and recreates them for the special diet. I was impressed to see they had a section on gluten-free cooking.

They also have things for the diabetic diet, healthy foods for two, a crunched for time section, a kids corner and more tips and recipes than I could count. Really, I didn't have to because the cover says there are 178 recipes and tips and I can believe it. It has more recipes than any 68 page magazine I have ever seen. I can't wait to try some of the recipes because the photos look very tempting. I can't wait for my next issue.

2 comments:

  1. I got my copy of Taste of Home in the mail over the weekend and was wondering about the healthy cooking magazine when I saw the ad for it. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete