Monday, February 18, 2013

Seed starting success


Last month I went to a seed starting class and this month I am really having success with my seeds.

I shouldn't be surprised since I got some great tips from an expert (Mike Cunningham at Country Gardens Farms). I don't think I have it down perfectly but the first two trays are looking great and I am growing them at a much faster pace than in the past.

Above is a photo of the two trays, at left--cabbage, onions, cilantro and lavender and at right dill, chamomile and basil.


I will soon have to repot my first tray and I really don't think the cabbage is perfect. It's much too leggy but the light is doing a great job on all of it and when I repot it to a better pot, I think the stems will be sturdier.

My second tray is barely showing but I have them up enough to go under the lights and to start another tray.

I love my heat mat. I already know I will be ordering another for next year and I can't wait to start on some flowers and vegetable seed.

I would recommend to everyone to take a class on seed starting if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment