Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day


It's very similar to Leap Year since it only comes once every four years but even though it is a little painful at times (endless commercials, flyers, robocalls), I love election day. There is always an air of anticipation--and sometimes dread, about how it will turn out. I have certainly not always voted for the best candidate but, I have a choice to change that next time and I have the right to make a choice, good or bad. I am thankful for that right.

Above and below are early voters standing in line in Coweta County.


Here are some quotes I found about voting and I hope they will make your either think or smile.

"Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote." -William E Simon

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -John Quincy Adams

"Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do." -Will Rogers

"The ballot is stronger than bullets." -Joseph A. Schumpeter

"If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves" -Thomas Sowell

No comments:

Post a Comment