Monday, January 3, 2011

This week


It's almost a relief after all the celebrating to get down to business and start planning for the new year. Thankfully I already have my "tools" ready for planning and organizing. This year it will be my iPad, my small Moleskine calendar (for my purse or bag), my recipe journal and my cell phone. If I can't keep up with things with all those tools, I am hopeless.

I am working on my New Year's resolutions. It may be a bit late but I like to give them some time and check over last year's list to see what I missed (and to see how relevant last year's goals were). I am hoping this year's list will be ready by the end of the week.

I love making resolutions to see how many I can keep. I am not one who gets frustrated about making them and I don't feel like a big failure when I don't succeed in keeping them. I know it is hard. I just like the challenge.

I went to a seminar once where the speaker said it is best to "aim high." I do often aim too high but I also refuse to feel bad about my self over something as silly as a few broken resolutions -- and if I do keep them, I get to pat myself on the back a little.

My resolution for the week -- make resolutions.

2 comments:

  1. What a great resolution! I have realized that I enjoy following "rules" for myself, so this year I am making new "rules" instead of "resolutions." We'll see how it goes ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post today, Deberah - a new year is such a good time to 'assess the situation' and to try to do things better. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year, to you & yours,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete