Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Planning a fall garden

One of the great things about living in Georgia is that you can grow vegetables until frost. We have already planted our second crop of zucchini and yellow squash and we are getting ready for cool weather crops like lettuce, greens, broccoli and sugar peas.

We also need to plant right away if we want to have any pumpkins for Halloween. I already have the seed and I hope we can grow some big ones.

The best place to go for information regarding what to plant to to our Cooperative Extension website to see what they recommend for this area. Click on the website icon above to see for yourself. You can even download a month by month plan for our climate and region. If you are not from Georgia, look up your state's Extension office and be ready for a flood of information.
Above are some of the publications I downloaded to help me with my fall garden. I plan to print the ones I need and put them in my three ring garden binder to refer to from time to time. There are so many things to choose from. I chose the publications that gave me yearly calendars for planting, and caring for my plants in the garden and at home. Click above to take a better look. You can find great free information on just about anything you can grow right at your fingertips.

This is my first fall garden so I am hoping it will be a good one. I thought my summer garden was pretty successful but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment