Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Prize fish and a fish fry


My sister sent me a photo of this fish caught a couple of days ago in her lake. It weighed 10.8 pounds and the gentleman who caught it was understandably thrilled! My husband who has been fishing there hoping to hook this fish or one of her relatives, felt his fish should have been his and was a little disappointed.

We have been working this week to get ready for a big family fish fry. My cousins are getting together on Saturday and we will get out the fish fryer and cook piles of fried fish, hush puppies, French fries, slaw, blackberry pie and peach ice cream. We'll wash it all down with gallons of iced tea and have a very nice visit. Get togethers like this are the perfect occasion for friends and family on warm southern Saturday afternoons. I plan to take plenty of photos to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment