Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chestnut Hill Shops

The Cheese Shop at Chestnut Hill beckoned us in as we walked down the street. We just had to go in and see the beautiful assortment of cheeses and snack foods. It had an old world charm we just couldn't resist. You don't see too many shops like this in the rural south!

We looked around and after getting permission to take a photo, the proprietor cut us a sliver of sheep's milk cheese (I think it was a Jarlsburg). It was SO delicious.

If you have a milk allergy, this cheese might be worth a try. Sheep's milk and sheep's milk cheeses are more digestible than cow's milk products. They're pricey, but probably the best cheese I've ever tasted.

I had to include Bone Appetite in my tour. You don't often see a small shop exclusively for dogs but I can tell you they have every thing your trendy, petted pouch could desire.

Dog fashions, pillows, grooming aids and in the back, a homemade pet food area. I think it is "dog exclusive." Sorry cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment