Friday, May 25, 2012

One opportunity I didn't miss!


In the past I have been one of those people who misses opportunities when it comes to potted plant gifts. I love receiving potted plants--even more than cut flowers because I have the opportunity to replant them outside and enjoy them when they grow and flower the following year or growing season. However, I normally don't take the time to do it. When the plant dies, from too much or too little watering or not enough light, I throw it out and sigh heavily because I know I missed an opportunity to enjoy it later. I think, "If only I had taken the extra time to replant."

I now have something to be proud of because last year I received an Easter lily and later planted it out of doors at the end of my driveway with marvelous results. It looks wonderful and it is now a waist-high beauty with at least ten blooms on it. Best of all, it took virtually no work to make it beautiful!


It did seem to take some time to establish itself and I wondered if it would actually bloom again, but to my delight it is so pretty.

I can't say that I will never miss another opportunity but this has certainly taught me a lesson. I will keep how pretty this plant is in my mind and hopefully will not miss the opportunity to add to my landscape the next time. This present from last year is one that just keeps on giving.

1 comment:

  1. What a healthy looking plant and that's a wonderful lesson to learn: just take the time to re-plant, look at the beautiful results!
    My Dad has passed away but Easter Lilies were one of his favorite plants - he would always bring one home to my Mom at Easter.

    I still think of him when I see them or smell their sweet aroma. Hope you have a great weekend, Joanie

    ReplyDelete