Monday, August 2, 2010

Layered Greek Dip

Over the weekend, I received an email from my friend Janice Hammock with a new recipe. It looks like one I will use often and I think most of you would like it, too.

Janice is one of the best cooks I know and I am pleased to share one of her recipes.



LAYERED GREEK DIP

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (low fat is fine)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 tsp dried Italian seasoning

3 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups prepared hummus (I like roasted red pepper)

1 cup chopped cucumber

1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (reduced fat is fine)

1/3 cup sliced green onions 

pita chips

1. In medium mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with rubber spatula until smooth and well-combined.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture into deep 9-inch pie plate or oval platter. Spread hummus on top of cream cheese layer. Sprinkle on cucumber, then tomato, olives, feta, and green onions.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips.
Servings: 16

Yield: About 2 1/2 cups of dip

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this dip looks delicious! Definitely a recipe to try and so nice and cool, on a hot summer's day. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete