Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Joys of coupon shopping

I really hate to clip coupons but I must admit they can really save me money. My main problem is that it takes so much time to clip and arrange them so they are easy to find when I shop.

Since it is still rainy and I can't get out and do anything else after work, I am using this time to update my coupon stash. It is painful because it is so boring but I can sit in front of the TV, clip and sort. If you have a better way to do this, please let me know because I could use some pointers.

One thing I do that saves time -- I go to websites that list what is on sale and also have links to online coupons. My favorite is www.southernsavers.com and another is moneysavingmom.com. I don't have to spend too much time on sales flyers because they have it all listed for me. You can even find out what the penny item at Publix will be if you look after church services on Sunday. That is very helpful because it lets me know if I need to go there while the special is on or if I can wait.

Other tips: Buy in bulk when it is on sale and try to use a coupon for everything you possibly can.

Don't clip out a coupon if you aren't sure you will use it. I used to save ALL coupons but later I found I was throwing so many coupons away. Now I clip the ones I want and then give the rest of my coupons away to family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment