Friday, September 11, 2009

Preparing for fall with tea

I don't want to rush cool weather, but I think it is time to get out my favorite fall dishes and things. I know I am not the only one who enjoys the pleasant weather that fall brings. I also love the beautiful leaves, football games, and wearing cozy sweaters, but I think my favorite fall treat is tea. Tea is always a good idea, but it is even better on a cool day.

The one tea I must keep in my cupboards is Celestial Seasoning's India Spice Chai -- not because it is my favorite, but because it is my husband's favorite. I like to mix up my tea choices and will drink everything from a good strong black tea and flavored green teas, to herbal tea, but my husband always says, "Make me some of that chai." He really loves it. I also keep a selection of Republic of Tea brands and I must have Tazo teas. Something I can't stand are teas made with anise.

As far as fall china and dishes go, I really love to get out my Old Mill, Johnson Brothers tea cups and saucers. I don't have a whole set, but they just look like fall to me. I love to use them and I love the deep saucers. I really like the size and the way they feel. I enjoy making a pot of tea in my brown Betty and sip several cups in the evening.

Last year I forgot to get out some of my fall serving dishes and I don't want to repeat that. It's probably why I may be getting them out a little earlier than necessary, but I really want to enjoy them longer this year. I have some colorful leaf-patterned serving dishes that need to be used.

I also need to make a trip to the grocery store because I am sure I will need some more Chai.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea your DH likes tea too! No wonder I like him so much!!!

    ReplyDelete