Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dioramas and face paint


Lately my creative grandchildren have been busy at school and at play. My granddaughter has just completed her first diorama--and I thought it was perfect because I can remember when I helped my children make dioramas. My son enjoyed working on them and he patiently helped his daughter, gluing on sand, dyed cotton balls green for trees and white for clouds, fashioned a house from cardboard, including a balcony and created a Ferris wheel that really spins. Their only regret was that they couldn't find any small people to make this shoebox diorama fully 3-D. Maybe next time.

The book that inspired this art was the Treasure of Pelican Cove by Milly Howard, and after reading the book and all the hard work, Riley received an A. I think she deserved it. I know I am biased.


My grandson on the other hand is working on face paint for Halloween--a topic that fascinates him. This year he will be Frankenstein. Believe it or not, this face paint washed off very easily, though it left a major ring in the bathtub. We will use green face paint as well on Halloween. I imagine his expression will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment