Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A look at my backdoor garden


It's not because I have forgotten about my mini deck garden, but I haven't taken any photos in a while--so it's time to take a look.

I have tomatoes that are easily 6 feet tall and staked on bamboo tepees. They are doing well and beginning to "set fruit," as they say.


My best tomatoes are on the Little Sweetie vines. I can't wait to go out on the deck and pick tomatoes for my salad I am making a few steps away in my kitchen.


Another view of tomatoes, peppers, basil, and lettuces.


I am growing some Ronde squashes and they are blooming away.


My peppers are blooming and these peppers are about waist high. The lettuces underneath would look better but I have been harvesting the leaves as I need for salads. I just take out my kitchen sheers and snip off the leaves. A quick wash and--salad.


I do have a few small squashes on my squash vines. They don't look quite as well as the garden vines and I am concerned there is not enough sun.


Here are a couple of peppers.


And I even have some cucumbers that are beginning to look good. These have a few little almost hidden blossoms.


One of my favorite views on my deck are two very good looking plants that I rooted. These are looking really great and I am so pleased I could do this after working so hard. It is  nice to have even the limited success I had doing this.

This is a learning experience for me and I already see lack of sun could be a problem for me. I do know that lettuce grows really well on my deck.

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks great, love your photos! It's amazing what you can do in a small space. Thanks for the inspiration, Joanie

    ReplyDelete