Monday, March 15, 2010

Crock Pot Baked Beans with Pineapple

Last night I made baked beans. I have never been good at making baked beans. I decided to make a knock off of a tasty recipe I have had before using pineapple (my daughter-in-law makes this and it is yummy), and I also wanted to make it in my crock pot for easy transporting. I was sure this wasn't going to turn out very well, but I had to try. I was actually pleasantly surprised. An added benefit -- It smelled very good while it was cooking. Another added benefit -- It was easy, too! My husband loved it and he never loves my baked beans.

Crock Pot Baked Beans with Pineapple

1 12-oz. pack of bacon, chopped into small pieces
2 28-oz. cans pork and beans
1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple (in its own juice), drained
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 clove garlic, chopped

Cook bacon until crisp and brown. I cooked it in a skillet on the stove but it could also be microwaved. Drain well. Put remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, add bacon and mix well. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Pour into large crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours. Crock pots cook at different rates so make sure it doesn't burn around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious and would be great with grilled hotdogs or hamburgers!

    ReplyDelete