Thursday, March 4, 2010

A gentle reminder

It has been a remarkably cold and dreary winter. On days like today, I need to be reminded we will soon have our beautiful weather back. Please indulge me while I show you a few photos to lift my mood.

The first thing that blooms at my house is the saucer magnolia. It doesn't bloom for very long so I have to make sure I don't miss it. When the buds are closed, they are a pretty pink but when they open, they become pink with white edges. I've had people stop and ask me just what they are. I really love them when they are in perfect bloom, like in the photo above.

I also really love dogwoods -- they're like white frosting sprinkled throughout the woods.

I also love calla lilies. I know this is not quite the same. Tulips or daffodils would have been a more fitting photo. But I just love them.

I also feel a little better. It was a refreshing for me to look up these photos and remind myself that we really will soon have spring.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I am soooo ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto above.

    this year i plan a "strawbale city", MORE COWBELL...opps! i mean more STRAWBALE...LOL!
    as you can see from my insane ramblings, I, too, am ready for the spring.

    Charlotte from Newnan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also 'Ready for spring!'

    What beautiful photos! Just what I needed to see today. Our Bradford Pear trees are attempting to 'bud.' Hopefully, spring will come soon. Until then, your photos are much appreciated.

    Thank you and have a great weekend,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete