Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rainy day poems

I must admit I am really tired of the rain. I know later in the growing season, I will be wishing for more rain. That is just how it is sometimes. Today I was certainly wishing for sun. I am not depressed, I am just anxious to begin planting my garden.

I found a couple of poems, one that expresses the frustration I feel today.
The Rainy Day
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The day is cold, and dark, and dreary
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the mouldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the mouldering Past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.
Another that expresses how I should feel.
The Rain
by William Henry Davies
I hear leaves drinking rain;
I hear rich leaves on top
Giving the poor beneath
Drop after drop;
'Tis a sweet noise to hear
These green leaves drinking near.

And when the Sun comes out,
After this Rain shall stop,
A wondrous Light will fill
Each dark, round drop;
I hope the Sun shines bright;
'Twill be a lovely sight.
I know it won't be long before the sun is out and no one could be happier about that than me. Until then, I will just have to do my best to have a better attitude. I don't think I have "Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)," but I will certainly be happier when the weather improves!

No comments:

Post a Comment