Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Insect-repelling bracelet

Today, my friend and coworker Angela, brought me a surprise -- an insect-repelling band. I wasn't aware that such a thing existed and I really love the idea and can't wait to try it. I usually use an insect spray, but sprays are so messy and smelly. Sometimes the smell of the sprays can be almost as bad as dealing with the insects. Well, maybe not that bad, but I really hate the smell. I also have allergic reactions with lotions like Skin-so-soft, a proven insect repellent, so something like this would be good for a person like me, with sensitive skin.

I guess it is the same principle as the old flea collars for dogs and cats. I don't know if I will make a fashion statement with this "jewelry," but if it works I will be glad to wear it out in the garden and yard. Maybe I need one for my wrist and one around an ankle.

It also looks like it has natural ingredients. It might not protect you in the deep woods, but I think it is certainly worth trying and I really appreciated the gift. After I try it, I will update this entry with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment