Thursday, November 4, 2010

Recipe journal


A couple of weeks ago I was shopping online for a 2011 calendar and I ran across something I just had to have -- a recipe journal. I immediately purchased both the calendar and the journal and the later is, by far, my favorite purchase. I will admit I also liked my calendar but the recipe journal is something I know I will enjoy for years to come.


It is divided into sections, some named and some blank. It comes with stickers to name other sections and to add information to recipes. The front contains informational sections and the back has a handy index. I know I will enjoy it and it will be a helpful tool for me. I am always tearing out a recipe from a magazine or jotting down a recipe idea and this will help me keep them organized.


I like the index because I can flip there and easily find the recipe I need. They are divided into categories but the recipes listed there aren't alphabetical so the index with the page number next to it makes finding things so much easier. At the back there is a pocket where I can store clipped recipes and loose information.

I found it on Amazon and it is a Moleskine. It is about the size of a paperback book and fits in my purse. This was one of the best "gifts" I have bought for myself in a long time and I am sure I will get plenty of use from it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this recipe journal - very handy! It's neat that it has an index and I like the cover too. Thanks for sharing & have a great day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find! It would be the perfect thing for anyone who makes lots of changes to their recipes (which I am very prone to do), and also for anyone who likes to have their favorite recipes all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deberah,
    I discovered your blog earlier when you mentioned SunButter for the deliciously "scary" spider snack--cute and clever! As a blogger for SunButter, I appreciate the great idea. I've kept following because I enjoy your perspective, and this recipe journal is gorgeous. Thanks for the tip--and another wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete