Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A yard sale helps me get ready for Thanksgiving


This past Friday I stopped by a couple of yard sales before work and I found some great items that will help me to get ready for Thanksgiving. The first thing, a set of ten embroidered napkins with crocheted lace around the edges. I think this is a perfect color for Thanksgiving. They were in mint condition and I washed and ironed them and placed them in a drawer so that is one chore out of the way.

I didn't expect to get new napkins but I really love these. I also love that I have nice, clean, crisp and ironed napkins ready for Thanksgiving dinner. What are the odds that I would find a set of ten napkins? The most I have ever found before is a set of eight so this was excellent timing since I need more than eight. They were also only forty cents each.


I also found a new set of full sheets, still in the package. I don't think I have ever seen a set of sheet at a yard sale still in the package. These sheets were also the perfect color for my guest room. They will replace a set of sheets that were kind of thin and 100 percent cotton. They will make my guest room bed a nicer place to sleep. The thread count is 210 and the price was $10 -- fully worth it to me.

There are a number of other tasks I need to complete for Thanksgiving like crafts for grandchildren, decorations and of course the food, but I am happy with my progress so far.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some pretty napkins, Deberah! And to find so many, that's pretty rare. Enjoy, Joanie

    ReplyDelete