Friday, January 15, 2010

Coupon organizing

Last year I began couponing, not in a really big way, but I started saving and using coupons to save money. I am so glad I did because it really has saved money. My problem was, of course, organizing the coupons. I couldn't find anything in which I could conveniently organize and save my coupons. All the portfolios I could find had no more than 14 sections. The coupon organizer were cute, but really didn't have enough slots, either. But last weekend, I found this portfolio at Walmart for $9 with 26 slots -- room for the entire alphabet with a cute little carrying handle!

I was saving coupons in a shoe box-sized plastic container. I had to make dividers (made from index cards) and clip each category to the index card with a paper clip. I am not showing it here because it was messy and it really wasn't easy to use. I had to clip everything into a pile, separate the piles into categories and then go through and paper clip them together in categories. If this doesn't make sense, I can understand. It also didn't work! When I took the box to the grocery store, it wouldn't fit into the cart and sometimes I tipped them over -- well, it was a disaster.

Now, I can clip the coupons and file them alphabetically and then go through and clip them together into categories. I still use the index cards for the categories, like "Cleaning, Dish washing detergent."

So far, I have done a week's worth of coupons and it was wonderful, compared to before. I also can take this cute portfolio to the supermarket and it will sit in the buggy and I won't dump out coupons. I can't wait to see if this will work in the long run but today, I am pleased.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are getting super organized this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?

    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good success.
    If you know of any please share. Thanks!
    My blog post : Hainan Airlines

    ReplyDelete