Thursday, January 14, 2010

My reward

My new organizing book suggests you reward yourself after you accomplish a task or meet a goal. I am also working on losing weight, among other things and I have decided my reward will be cooking from my new cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," by Julia Child.

I really do like this cookbook and can tell there was probably more thought put into this book than any cookbook I have ever seen. It is a great how-to book with lists of ingredients used and tools needed, cutting instructions, and drawings of almost everything -- you can tell Julia Child was a teacher. I think cooking from this book will be a joy.

Of course, most of these recipes are not on my diet so I will have to use it only as a reward, or for special occasions.

I also have the Julie and Julia movie -- love it. Every time I watch it, I want to dig out the cookbook and whip something up -- very inspiring. That is why this is my reward. I think my family will enjoy my reward, too -- in moderation.

1 comment:

  1. I got this book myself after seeing the movie but I have yet to actually cook from it! Please let us know when you do!

    ReplyDelete