Sunday, January 17, 2010

Garden planning

The other day, I received my "Farmers and Consumers Market Bulletin" in the mail. Included in the issue was a garden planning chart that reminded me it was almost time to start my spring garden! I can't say I am looking forward to preparing the ground for all the seeds, but I am looking forward to planting lettuce and greens for my early spring harvest.

Last year, we planted too late for most greens and we didn't have any early peas. This year, we have plans for both, but looking at the chart, we need to start planning right away. The cool-loving plants could be planted now -- but in middle Georgia, we are still getting too much rain, cool weather and even ice to begin here. I do hope to begin planting by early February.

I will be busy for the next couple of weeks making a garden plan. Thanks "Market Bulletin" for the reminder.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are definitely both getting into gardening mode, aren't we!

    ReplyDelete