Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Photo mats

I read in my new organizational book that in order to keep your goals in mind, it is a good idea to display them in everyday places where you will take notice of them while doing routine things.

Meanwhile, I have been trying to come up with a damask pattern to use in one of our future magazine issues and I just love this pattern. I think it would make a beautiful mat for -- something like my list. I know I will look at it more, and appreciate my list if it is displayed nicely.

I am also thinking about using the damask design as a mat for some of my family photos. Look how nice the patterned background looks, even in plain black and white.

I decided that if I like it so much, others might like it, too, so I designed photo mat you can download and print on your home printer. It is a pdf and I made it an 8 1/2 x 11 because some frames are that size. Just cut it down to fix an 8 x 10 frame. For a 5 x 7 frame, you can reduce it to 65 percent and trim the excess. I really love it. I am sure I will make other downloads this year with this pattern and I will share them with you -- probably the personal note cards. Download the mat here and enjoy.

1 comment: